Are you trying to organise a team building event but don’t really know where to start?
Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.
With so much to think about and a huge range of options available, planning a team building event can be very daunting. In order to make things a bit easier for you, here’s a list of team building ideas and how to go about organising it. Just click on the link below.
Picking an Activity
Team building activities can be anything. Think about that for a second – how many ideas have you come up with? That’s a lot of options!
But nobody is going to consider going to the pub after work on a Friday as a team building activity, oh no, you need something different. Something fun. Something that will take your staff out of their comfort zone and force them to interact in ways they never have before.
Unless you’re an office full of outdoorsy, adrenaline junkies your best bet is to head into the great outdoors and take on some very different adventures.
A few of these team building ideas include:
• Canyoning – a great high adrenaline activity that brings guaranteed smiles, a few screams and a fantastic bonding experience.
• Rock Climbing – huge focus on teamwork and coordination makes this a popular contender
• Caving – not for the faint of heart or claustrophobic, but this is an activity that always succeeds in bringing people closer together
• Gorge Walking – similar to canyoning, but a little less extreme which makes it a good option if you need to cater to the older generation or the less adventurous
• Canoeing – gives your staff the opportunity to pair up and work together to achieve a common goal
• Coasteering – nothing will give your staff a better sense of achievement than making their way across a coastline by swimming in the sea and scaling cliffs.
• Quad Biking – feel the power as your team rips around the countryside on all-terrain vehicles sharing laughs and engaging in friendly competition.
• Paintballing – nothing makes teams work together better than the opportunity to pelt a rival team with colourful balls of paint, this is one that’s top of most lists.
• Mountain Walks – want a low adrenaline activity but with plenty of coordination, communication and organisation? Mountain walks could be exactly what you’re looking for.
• Mountain Biking – high adrenaline, very competitive and a great way to form new relationships, perfect for all abilities.
• White Water Rafting – a great way to encourage communication and team work while getting soaked and having a brilliant laugh.
• Survival & Bush Craft – why not learn a new skill while engaging with all your colleagues and forging strong bonds?
How to organise the team building event for your company
This is actually the easy bit, once you have an idea of what it is you want to do simply get in touch with and let us know what it is you want to do. We will work to your dates, provide you with guides, instructors, the necessary equipment for the task and even help to organise accommodation.
By doing this you take the pressure off yourself and delegate this responsibility to a team of experienced professionals. This helps to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch, allowing you to revel in the praise you receive for organising such a great team building event without the added stress.
If you’re looking to plan a team building event for your company, get in touch with Adventure Britain today!