Bear Grylls has actually realised what we’ve known for many years that the Brecon Beacons offers one of the best outdoor adventure playgrounds in the UK. It’s an ideal environment to get up close and personal with the untamed and wild landscape of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Bear is bringing his 24 Hour Family Survival course to the area.
Family Activity Breaks in the Brecon Beacons
We agree with Bear that the Brecon Beacons are a wonderful place to get the family out exploring and you can see why in this photo.
The Bear 24 Hour Family Course will comprise a combination of survival skills including how to build and light a fire, how to navigate at night, best ways to use a knife for survival, foraging for grubs and rodents, building a shelter, extreme weather survival and river crossings. This mimics our very own father and son 3 day day 2 night activity break which we have successfully run for many years in the Brecon Beacons, our home. Using our extensive local knowledge we’ve put together this family activity break which includes the above activities plus gorge walking and camping!
Here’s a video showing the type of activities the fathers and sons experience during their activity break in the Brecon Beacons with Adventure Britain.
Why the Brecon Beacons
Here are our top five reasons for visiting the Brecon Beacons for a father and son or family activity experience and may also be the same reasons why Bear Grylls has now chosen it for one of his survival courses.
- Brecon Beacons is the nearest mountainous National Park to London and the South East
- Feel exhilarated after jumping off a waterfall – One of the best locations for gorge walking in the UK!
- Great memorable shared experience no matter the weather! It doesn’t matter if it rains, shines or snows the experience is just heightened!
- Sleeping under canvas in our adventure playground roofed only by the sky! One of the few Dark Skies Reserves in the UK
- Mountains climbed – Pen-y-Fan is highest mountain in Southern Britain!