Essential Leadership Development
In these times of increasing austerity and talk of tightening belts it is becoming increasingly important to make the best use of the resources you have available. For many in the future this will mean doing more with less. This means getting the best performance possible from the staff you are responsible for even if the numbers are less than previous. This is why it is of the utmost importance that you and your team leaders/managers have the necessary leadership skills to maximise the performance of staff and get that extra discretionary effort required in these potentially testing times.
We have developed this leadership training course with these issues in mind. It focuses on two areas. Firstly ‘Understanding the management role’, and secondly we concentrate on, ‘Assessing your own leadership capability and performance’.
The objective is to gain a greater understanding of the nature of the middle manager role and assess their ability to perform this effectively. Topics covered include appreciating the role and behaviour of middle managers in enabling an organisation to achieve its goals, understanding the factors that affect interpersonal relationships in the workplace and evaluating personal development opportunities to improve managerial and leadership ability.
We will examine the following topics:-
Understanding the Role
- To develop knowledge and understanding of developing and leading teams as required by a practising or potential middle manager
- Understand the organisation’s purpose, stakeholders, structure and functional areas and managerial roles
- Understand the specific responsibilities of middle managers in enabling an organisation to achieve its goal
- Understand how communication and interpersonal relationships affect managerial performance in the workplace
- Evaluate personal development opportunities to improve own managerial performance
- Review the prevailing leadership style in the organisation
- Review the motivation and commitment to the organisation’s values and goals amongst the people you lead
- Review your own leadership ability to motivate people and build commitment to achieve the organisation’s goals
For more information on our developing leadership training courses click here